Monday, April 14, 2008

Part IV – Is Paul McKenna’s “I Can Make You Thin” a Scam?


If you haven’t read the last posts on this topic, make sure you go back and review them before checking this one out…

Step 3 – Eat Consciously and Enjoy Every Mouthful

Paul McKenna states that we eat like it’s going out of style. We shovel food into our mouths, hardly chew it, and don’t stop until our stomachs are completely stuffed full. He states that we don’t even stop to taste the food we’re eating, but rather are getting “high” off the chemicals our brain releases in response to the rapid consumption of the food itself. As well, because of these ‘happy chemicals’, we never hear the signal from our brain to tell us that we’re full because we’re in a state blissful oblivion (which is why so many people use food to boost their mood).

Mr. McKenna recommends that we put our fork and knife DOWN after each bite, savor the taste of the food, and chew each bite thoroughly (20 or more times).

Rylan’s Verdict – Great!

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. McKenna on this one, and this is something I was always guilty of.

Many of us are simply too rushed to even be present in the moment when we are eating. I used to rush from appointment to appointment, and I never had any time to eat. I would pack my day’s worth of meals with me in my car, and when I was speeding from one session to the next I would be munching on something, as I drove, not the best for road safety or my personal sanity.

I have since changed my habits and I book my appointments further apart to allow myself an extra 15-20 minutes to pull over somewhere, sit in a park, and enjoy my meal.

I not only found my stress reducing, but I also would enjoy my food much more, and allow for much better digestion because I would actually chew my food and not simply gulp it down as fast as possible.

I would recommend that you start implementing this habit into your life immediately. It has been one of the most positive changes in my daily routine that I have experienced in some time, and I know it will be for you as well.

RD

0 comments: