Friday, August 29, 2008

How to get in shape for a wedding


I'm baaaaack!

Wow, what a week! With my wedding last Saturday, it has been a crazy time.

I have never been more terrified in my life - and more excited - at the same time.

I've spoken, lectured, and given presentations many times before about health and fitness, and how to help women lose weight - but this was different.

As soon as I stepped out of the Hummer (yes, I got to drive a hummer to my wedding! - not mine I'm sorry to say, but it was still incredible to drive!) it hit me, and the nerves set in. But as soon as I saw my beautiful bride coming down the isle, it was all worth it - she was absolutely stunning.

With all the commotion around my house over the last month in preparation for the wedding, of course, one of the most frequent topics was "Rylan, how to I get in shape really fast?"

My bride, of course, knows what to do because she's been around me for over 5 years, soaking up all the knowledge she can - but that's no discredit to her. I have never seen any one of my clients work as hard as she does in the gym - no lie. That girls works, and the results show! And she has been working hard for a long time and was more than prepared. In fact, she had to have her dress altered down a number of sizes before the big day (it's usually the other way around for most brides).

But my sister, friends, and family members all wanted to look great in the wedding photos too, so they wanted my advice, and they were in more than a little panic.

First lesson - Don't wait until the last minute!

Second lesson - How to lose weight as fast as possible (see below)

By far the quickest way to burn through body fat when you have only the least amount of time available - is interval training. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, long duration easy cardio will do nothing for you if you want to look better.

My advice, start implementing interval training into your routine TODAY, not tomorrow, and you WILL see results in the first week.

If you're not too familiar with interval training, it basically goes like this:

Go as hard as you can for a short duration, then go slower and recover for a slightly longer duration. Repeat this a few times.

It's as simple as that.

This forces your body to burn maximum calories, and stoke your metabolism through the roof. If you want a more detailed explanation of how to do interaval training, with the exact program and durations for the best results, then see page 11 in your Go Sleeveless manual.

September is just around the corner, so its time to buckle down and get back to a routine.

PS. Wedding photos to follow

PPS. Go Sleeveless expansion packs launch in 3 days!!!

0 comments: