Thursday, February 26, 2009

Michelle Obama's Arms Workout























Michelle Obama has been thrust into the public eye now that she is the new First Lady of the United States.

There are probably few other women in North America that will be forced to Go Sleeveless as much as Michelle will in the coming years.

How many times have you made excuses for not going out because you were unhappy with the way you looked or were having an 'off' day?

I know I've had my share. I've turned down going for a pint with my mates because I just didn't want to be seen in public (this is not something that just women go through).

But what happens when you are in a position like Michelle Obama, and you can't simply shrug off the invitations? It's not as simple as just throwing something on, doing your hair, and hoping no one will notice...there are going to be camera's pointed from every possible angle just waiting to catch an unflattering shot.

So how does a woman like Michelle Obama keep in shape, and get arms that are worthy of the cover of Vogue?

And how does she find time being a 44 year old mother of two, and arguably, now the busiest woman in the United States?

Momlogic asked Michelle Obama about her toned arms and workout routine. “I go to the gym three times a week — as often as I can, really. I work with a fabulous trainer for about an hour each session. We do a lot of cardio and weight training. For me, exercise is more than just physical — it’s therapeutic.”

That is one way of doing it, but can it be done in less time and without a trainer?

You bet!

You don't need to spend an hour a day working out, and you don't need to bore yourself to tears on a treadmill or elliptical to get a decent workout in, and you don't need a trainer with you to push you to the limits each day.

Look, if the busiest woman in America can have toned and sexy arms, then YOU can have toned and sexy arms. It's that simple.

Here is a quick no-weight workout that I recommend for getting toned and sculpted arms like Michelle Obama.

Michelle Obama's Arms Workout

2 minutes of jogging in place

Rest 60 Seconds

Superset #1
15 No-Jump Burpees
15 Step-Ups
15 Deep Plie Squats

Rest 60 seconds

Superset #2
Alternating Plank - 16x6 seconds holds
Narrow Grip Incline Pushups - As many as you can
Chair Dips - As many as you can

Rest 60 Seconds

Repeat entire circuit twice more

This whole workout will take you about 18-20 minutes, you don't need a single piece of equipment, and you can do it with only about 6 square feet of floor space.

This workout will get you arms like Michelle Obama's, in half the time.

If you need detailed descriptions of how to perform these exercises, check the photos and step-by-step instructions in section 3 of your Go Sleeveless manual.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rylan:

I saw an interview with Gwyneth Paltrow recently where she talked about her workout routine. She's working out TWO HOURS a day, six days a week! I just wanted to scream at the T.V. "Are you nuts??" Someone needs to tell her about you and Go Sleeveless. She could look just as great in a fraction of the time. She must have a lot more free time for working out than I do. :)

Vicki

Rylan Duggan RK, CSCS said...

Unfortunately a lot of Hollywood trainers don't know their ass from a tea kettle. It's all about who you know in this industry, and that's how these people get the jobs.

Sadly, Gwyneth has it all wrong. At two hours 6 days per week, she is destroying her metabolism.

Don't get me started on Oprah's trainer either! I think you can safely say if he hasn't been able to get her into shape in the last three years, it's time to find someone else!

I posted about this awhile back when I watched a clip on Mariah Carey with her trainer.

Her trainer had her doing 'arm exercises' for getting rid of flabby arms that didn't work her arms at all!! Her trainer was literally that clueless.

She also had her eating an incredibly restrictive diet to try and drop weight.

She had to resort to this because her training program was so weak that she wasn't burning any calories and her metabolism was slowing down.

ARGGHH!

It's so frustrating for me to sit back and watch all this going on.

Thanks for the comment Vicki! At least I know some folks are getting my message ;-)

Anonymous said...

It's easy to get the message when you see the results. Thanks for helping me get those results!!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Rylan, great article and a tough workout that will get the job done for any time pressed women wanting to get rid of their flabby arms

Christine said...

Jennifer Nicole Lee made a comment on one of her blogs that Oprah's trainer basically screwed up her metabolism and her thyroid with his diet which included too much soy (I have read that soy can have an effect on the thyroid. Don't know if it is true but I avoid it and don't need it in my diet) In Oprah's recent Best Life Series - Bob Greene was on the show and there was mention of her significant weight gain and thyroid issues but a reference that 'he knew something was wrong - she was not quite herself' and encouraged her to see a physician - apparently took three physicians before she finally got a dx. He has recently put out a diet book - I haven't looked at it and dont know if there is any soy in it.

I did post a message on her web site asking for clarification about the info. We'll see if I get a response.

The point is though if someone with all those millions and many resources at her disposal can put all the weight back on - she does not have good advice.

It sure didn't cost me millions to get fit and healthy and with my PT (you) I have never put it back on. No gimmicks and I was able to make a lifestyle change that seems to be permanent.

So money isn't everything is it?

Rylan Duggan RK, CSCS said...

Nope, it'd definitely not.

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one thinks that her arms look darn good. She is the first lady not a monk. She should be able to show those gorgeous arms. She still keeps it classy and conservative. I think the focus should not be her arms, but what her role in helping the economy is. People are just jealous they can't find anything on the surface that is negative about the Obama's so they just pull from anything that they feel is nontraditional or out of the norm for a First Lady. Jackie Kennedy went sleeveless and she was gorgeous as well. To the media and anyone else that is hating on her arms, assess self and then work on your faults as an individual therefore you won't have time to nit pick on something as petty.

Rylan Duggan RK, CSCS said...

Well put, she should be proud of what she has accomplished.

It's a rare thing, in this society, for a woman to be really confident in her appearance.

I think she is an incredible role model and she should be praised for having the guts to go sleeveless.